On Saturday, April 13, 2019, 58 bowlers comprising 10 teams descended upon Acadia Bowling Lanes to participate in the Ellsworth High School Alumni Associations’ 7th Annual Bowling for scholars. Bowling one string, and enjoying coupons from Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Dairy Queen and Morton’s Moo, the participants turned in over $4200 which coupled with our business sponsors brought the total proceeds to $6000.00.
Special thanks go to Rachel and David Worster of Acadia Bowling Lanes who generously donated the use of the lanes and bowling shoes. The Association also thanks our business sponsors: Sargent Real Estate; Jones, Kuriloff & Sargent Law, LLC; Merrill Furniture; Bar Harbor Bank & Trust; K&B Auto; Martha’s Diner; Willey’s Gun Shop; Hammond Lumber Company; James W. Wadman Accountant; Maine Shellfish Co.; Dunkin Donuts; R.F.Jordan & Sons; Wal-Mar; NLC Inc.; Ellsworth Self-Storage; and VE Tainter and Sons.
The endowment fund, which now stands at $740,000, awards scholarships to EHS graduating seniors and alumni. This year $20,000 in scholarships will be awarded at the annual meeting on May 15, 2019.
- The Banner The Banner
- 64 Chicks 64 Chicks
- 67 Rovers 67 Rovers
- Barbara Ameen, Joyce Johnston Barbara Ameen, Joyce Johnston
- Crossfit Breakwater 1 Crossfit Breakwater 1
- Crossfit Breakwater 2 Crossfit Breakwater 2
- David Burks and David Worster David Burks and David Worster
- Joe DeLaite Joe DeLaite
- Les Professeurs Les Professeurs
- Louie Luchini and Joe DeLaite Louie Luchini and Joe DeLaite
- Sally Jordan Sally Jordan
- Spare Change Spare Change
- Stanley Big Balls Stanley Big Balls
- The Finnatics The Finnatics
- The Wooden Pins and the Gutter Gang The Wooden Pins and the Gutter Gang
- Thelma Beal Thelma Beal